FilmFestSpezial is a monthly 30-minute television programme presenting arthouse films and talks with filmmakers and actors, who are showing their films at film festivals in Lower Saxony.
Annotation for our guests: The talks are being held usually in German, but can also be held in English. The talks will be subtitled in the post production. For the presentation in the programme we are using film clips (of the film) which are supplied by the film production companies. Favorably these clips are not trailers, because those are more suitable for the journalistic TV presentation.
The programme is a coproduction of the two local tv/community channels from Lower Saxony h1 – Fernsehen aus Hannover and oeins – Oldenburgs Lokalsender, together with the association of community access channels in Lower Saxony (LMB) and the film and media office Lower Saxony (FMB).
Our programme is being broadcasted in 22 local tv channels nationwide with a coverage of over 6 millions persons (i.e. cable tv owner living in these areas). Some viewers less, we do have via our channel youtube.com/ffspezial
We are reporting from the following film festivals in Lower Saxony:
- European Media Art Festival Osnabrück
- International Filmfestival Emden-Norderney
- International Filmfestival Oldenburg
- Filmfest Bremen
- Independent Filmfestival Osnabrück
- International Filmfestival Braunschweig
- and the biennial up-and-coming and the biennial Sehpferdchen, Children Film Festival both hosted in Hannover
- and from the Berlinale, with special focus on the new productions from Lower Saxony
22 german local tv stations are broadcasting the magazine. 6 Mio. Persons technical reach.
The project is funded with the financial help of the nordmedia (film board Lower Saxony) and the Niedersächsischen Landesmedienanstalt. (supervising institution for private and local community channels in Lower Saxony)